This post may contain affiliate links and this site is not connected with, affiliated with, approved by, endorsed by The Girl Scouts of the USA or the Frontier Girls. Ideas are my own and I share to help you run your troops with ease.
Turtle From Egg CartonDifficulty: Easy
K – 4thgrade girls
Learn how to make a cute little turtle using egg cartons and paint. This craft is a cute way to use resources wisely and make something to display in your house or give as a gift. You can learn through directions and pictures and a short video at end of post showing how to do it. Let’s get started!
For this craft you will need
Two green color paints
Green pom pom
Green pipe cleaner
Hot glue gun
Small goggly eyes
How to make craft
- First step is to take off one piece of the egg cardboard. Using scissors you will need to take off one piece of the cardboard as you can see in the photos. Once you have that piece you are going to work with it and cut it around to make it look much better and make all the sides even.
- When you are happy with the look of the cardboard piece it’s time to paint it. I’ve used lighter green color for the whole surface and darker green color for the dots after, but you can use them as you wish.
- For the head I’ve used small green pom pom ball, same color as the legs. To attach the ball I’ve used hot glue gun and glued the pom pom on the front of the green piece so you will get two legs on each side of the turtle. Then, take two small goggly eyes and attach them on the head of the turtle. Make sure that the eyes you’ve chosen to use for the turtle are not too big compared to the whole body because it is going to look funny.
- To finish the look of the turtle just draw some round shapes on the back with the darker green color and leave it to dry one more time before you get back and start touching it again.
- There you have this little small turtle from egg carton ready. If you have some other ideas of how to do the steps described above feel free to use them. For example you may use markers to paint the carton, I didn’t try that but I think will work as well and you will need shorter time to dry.