How to Make a Thumb Print Reindeer Christmas OrnamentDifficulty: Easy
K – 3rd GradeGirls
Learn how to make a thumbprint Christmas ornament with a few simple supplies. You can learn through directions and pictures and a short video at end of post showing how to do it. Let’s get started!
For this craft you will need
Colorful cupcake holder or white cardboard
How to make craft
- First, take the paper cupcake holder and glue it over the red cardboard. If you don’t have a holder like mine you can draw a circle and cut some wavy edges.
- When the glue is dry, draw the same shape of the holder just bigger for around 1/2 inch. It is easier to draw it first before you cut it but you can do it the easier way for you.
- Create a hole on the red card stock using hole punch. Place the satin ribbon inside so that you can hang this craft.
- Put some brown color on your thumb using a brush. Stamp it in the middle of the cupcake holder and you want to do this quickly since you don’t want the color to dry on your finger. Leave the print to dry before you continue decorating.
- Draw some horns on top of the print with a black marker, also two black eyes and red nose.
- Below the reindeer write something festive. I’ve written Merry Christmas but you can personalize this craft and write the name of the kid you are going to give this ornament to.
- Do you need more great Christmas craft ideas? Check out all these amazing ideas on my Christmas Kid Craft Pinterest Board.
If you are looking for additional fun activities to do with your troop at a meeting this December try one of these great activity booklets.
Enjoy every minute being a leader and continue to inspire your girls!
Purchase this wonderful illustrated book from Amazon.