Paper TurkeyDifficulty: Medium
1st to 7th gradegirls
Learn how to make a paper turkey with a few simple supplies. You can learn through directions and pictures and a short video at end of post showing how to do it. Let’s get started!
For this craft you will need
Goggly eyes (view on Amazon)
Red, orange, brown and yellow construction paper (view on Amazon)
How to make craft
- First you will need a few stripes from each of the colored sheets. Take your ruler and measure 1/2 on both sides on let’s say yellow sheet of paper. Connect the dots and cut the stripe. Repeat the same procedure on the other colors, orange and red sheets. I had 4 stripes of each color. If you think you have less than you need you can always cut more.
- Now to create the tail you will need 3 stripes in different colors for one section of the tail. So start by cutting one of the stripes in half, cut the other to be bigger than the half and use the third stripe as it is. Fold them in a way they reach the ends together and attach the ends using stapler. This is one section of the tail and you will need to repeat the procedure 4 more times mixing the colors as you want.
- At the end attach all the pieces together using stapler or glue to create the tail
- Now draw the body of the turkey on a brown cardboard. Make sure it is proportionally big enough for the tale you’ve created previously. When you are happy with the drawn shape, cut it using scissors.
- Glue the goggly eyes on the head of the turkey. Cut a wattle from the red paper and beak from the yellow paper. Attach them on the bottom of the head overlapping a little. And Glue body to the tail.
- Do you need more great Thanksgiving craft ideas? Check out all these amazing ideas on my Thanksgiving Kid Craft Pinterest Board.
Activity Booklets Perfect For Your Troop
If you are looking for additional fun activities to do with your troop at a meeting this fall try one of these great activity booklets.
Enjoy every minute being a leader and continue to inspire your girls!