How to Make a Mermaid Using a Wooden Spoon
Learn how to make a mermaid craft with a few simple supplies. You can learn through directions and pictures and a short video at end of post showing how to do it. Let’s get started!
For this craft you will need
Two Small Shells
Pink and Purple Glitter
Blue foam with glitters
Purple foam with glitters
How to make craft
- Draw the tail of the mermaid using pencil. Draw it on the back side of the foam and make sure it will be big enough according to the spoon that is going to be the body of the mermaid.
- Attach the tail on the bottom of the spoon using a hot glue gun.
- Cover one part of the bottom of the spoon with glue and pour glitter on the top.
- Glue the spoon over the purple foam with glitters. Cut the foam leaving some space around the head of the mermaid and leave a longer piece on the one side. D
- Divide the longer side in three pieces and create a braid out of it. Secure it at the end using glue.
- Glue two small shells on the top of the body to create the top part of mermaid body.
- Draw the face of the mermaid using black marker or black pen because the marker paint can sometimes gets into the wood and you are not going to get a smooth shape.
- To make it look more realistic add some pieces of hair around the head using your favorite glue.
- Mermaid on a spoon
- Do you need more mermaid craft ideas? Check out all these amazing ideas on my Mermaid Craft Ideas For Kids Pinterest Board.