Programming Robots Activity Booklet | 4th – 5th Grade
This activity booklet was designed to fulfill the requirements for the Programming Robots or can be used by frontier girl leaders to earn similar badges. Great for teachers and home schooled kids as well.
This booklet has tons of hands on activities and puzzles that teach girls how robots work. These activities include using binary code, creating their own algorithms, and even writing real code to control a virtual robot.
- Sequencing and debugging: learn how to make a robot to work using computer code and learn the importance of the correct sequence and what “bugs” (mistakes) are.
- Decoding binary: learn how robots use binary code, the language computers understand.
- Using algorithms: learn about programming algorithms, instructions that can control robots and make art!
- Write a step-by-step program: learn to write an algorithm with step-by-step instructions and work in pairs to discover what secret messages each wrote.
- Write real code on a computer: learn to write computer code that controls a robot using Scratch, a platform created by MIT.
- Do you need more ideas on this topic? Gain even more free ideas to learn more about control robots just like a real programmer, click here.
ACCESS BOOKLET INSTANTLY AND PRINT AT HOME
Leader Connecting Leaders is not connected with, affiliated with, approved by, endorsed by, or otherwise sponsored by The Girl Scouts of the USA or Frontier Girls.