Home 4th - 5th Grade Life Skill Activity Booklets Inside Government Activity Booklet
Inside Government Activity Booklet
This activity booklet was designed to fulfill the requirements for the Junior Inside Government badge or can be used by frontier girl leaders to earn similar badges. Great for teachers and home schooled kids as well.
This activity booklet will take your girls through a number of activities teaching them more about our Government from the inside out.
- What is an active citizen? –try the United States Citizen test, role play different ways to be a active citizen, and take a poll of three different people in their family or group to find out what others think their rights and responsibilities are as a citizen.
- Government, what does that really mean? – work in groups to put together a visual representation of the US Government from the Federal all the way down to local government.
- There are a lot of laws in the USA, what you need to know – learn about silly laws around the USA and do a group activity where girls will have a chance to assess a law, determine if scenarios are violating law and be the judge for punishment, and lastly rewrite a law that needs more clarification.
- Reporting on the real issues – learn more about the past and present in their community by interviewing citizens to understand what is happening in community and play a game to understand the importance of rules.
- Get active and get involved in your local government – two activities: first role-playing their own campaign as a group, and then creating posters with creative ways to sell a product during a fundraiser with their troop.
Do you need more ideas on this topic? Gain even more free ideas to teach your girls more about our government, click here.
ACCESS BOOKLET INSTANTLY AND PRINT AT HOME
Leader Connecting Leaders is not connected with, affiliated with, approved by, endorsed by, or otherwise sponsored by The Girl Scouts of the USA or Frontier Girls.