Designing Robots Activity Booklet | 4th – 5th Grade
This activity booklet was designed to fulfill the requirements for the Junior Designing Robots or can be used by frontier girl leaders to earn similar badges. Great for teachers and home schooled kids as well.
This booklet has interactive activities and puzzles that teach girls how to design robots. These activities include using learning about real robots, creating an early prototype, and even designing their own virtual robot.
- Identifying the purpose of a robot: learn how robots have different features depending on their purpose and the job they need to do.
- Picking a job for your robot: answer prompts that help them brainstorm possible objectives of a robot they design.
- Creating a paper prototype: create a prototype of their robot on paper.
- Create a digital version of your robot: learn how to design a robot in Scratch, an MIT-created platform for programming.
- Share with friends: practice giving and receiving positive and useful feedback on their robot designs.
Do you need more ideas on this topic? Gain even more free ideas to teach your girls more about designing robots, click here.
ACCESS BOOKLET INSTANTLY AND PRINT AT HOME
Leader Connecting Leaders is not connected with, affiliated with, approved by, endorsed by, or otherwise sponsored by The Girl Scouts of the USA or Frontier Girls.