Hiking Activity Booklet
This activity booklet was designed to fulfill the requirements for the Brownie Hiking badge or can be used by frontier girl leaders to earn similar badges. Great for teachers and home schooled kids as well.
Going on a hike is fun you can sing songs, go on a scavenger hunt, and eat snacks. Before going on your hike use some of these activities in this booklet to learn what you need to get out there and have fun and then enjoy a hike with your troop.
- Where are you hiking – Learn more about what clothes to wear on different hikes and interview a hiking pro using some of these questions as conversational starters.
- Hiking skill to try – Learn about different hiking trail signs with this activity.
- Gear for hiking – learn about what gear you need for a hike depending on location and weather, work together to put together a hiking gear kit, and make your own walking stick to use on your next hike.
- Snack for hiking – Steps to make 2 different snacks to take on your hike
- Get out and hike! – Have fun on a hike using one of the 4 different hiking activities: A bingo style scavenger hunt, fit on a penny, sketching or drawing nature, and plant and flower hunt.
Do you need more ideas on this topic? Gain even more free ideas to learn how to be safe and have fun with your girls on your next hike, click here.
ACCESS BOOKLET INSTANTLY AND PRINT AT HOME
Leader Connecting Leaders is not connected with, affiliated with, approved by, endorsed by, or otherwise sponsored by The Girl Scouts of the USA or Frontier Girls.