Comic Artist Activity Booklet
This activity booklet was designed to fulfill the requirements for the Cadette Comic Artist badge or can be used by frontier girl leaders to earn similar badges. Great for teachers and home schooled kids as well.
This booklet includes activities to learn about real comics and make up their own stories with the pictures from those comics. They will play a game and create their own stories for characters they design. picking a character and a scenario. Your girls will learn how to draw comics with some drawing activities. They will learn about different facial expressions and how to add them to their comics. Then add words to their comic strips using speech bubbles.
- Learn more about the world of comics – Three different comics and read them figure out what they liked and disliked about them what the artist was trying to say and what was the punch line of the cartoon. Write your own speech bubbles to a comic strip.
- What will your story tell – Create a story of their own. They needed to pick the characters and a scenario. Variations to play a game with group
- Drawing like a comic – Learn how to draw a cat and a dog step by step.
- Practice emotions in comics – practice making different facial expressions using blank faces the girls will draw or put together using supplies in booklet(eyes, noses, and mouths the girls could cut out and glue on faces)
- What will you say – Finish a comic strip using supplies in the booklet or create their own speech bubbles.
Do you need more ideas on this topic? Gain even more free ideas to learn more about being a comic artist, click here.
ACCESS BOOKLET INSTANTLY AND PRINT AT HOME
Leader Connecting Leaders is not connected with, affiliated with, approved by, endorsed by, or otherwise sponsored by The Girl Scouts of the USA or Frontier Girls.