Senses Activity Booklet
This activity booklet was designed to fulfill the requirements for the Brownie Senses badge or can be used by frontier girl leaders to earn similar badges.
This booklet will have activities that are hands on to keep the girls engaged while learning more about their 5 senses. How much do you know about the 5 different senses we have: seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting, and touching to interact with the world around us. The activities in this booklet will have your girls exploring all 5 senses and in the end they will have a better understanding of how important each sense is and how they all work together. With step by step activities, you can’t ask for a easier way to run your meeting.
- Using Sight – Look Around: Girls will play two different versions of Kim’s Games and try to solve some fun optical illusions
- Using Hearing – Listen to what’s around you: Girls will explore sounds by guessing sounds of objects in a egg, and play a game of telephone.
- Using Smell – start sniffing the smells with your nose: Girls will learn more about their sense of smell by doing a few activities where they identify objects by their smell and learn to navigate around objects using only their sense of smell.
- Using Taste – try some new things and test your taste: Girls will explore tastes by identifying different ice cream flavors just using taste, and also determine if color of something can influence taste.
- Using Touch – What do you feel with your hands: Girls will play a game where they will only have their sense of touch to sort a number of objects and learn more about braille and how to write their name using it.
Do you need more ideas on this topic? Gain even more free ideas to explore their 5 senses even further, click here.
ACCESS BOOKLET INSTANTLY AND PRINT AT HOME
Leader Connecting Leaders is not connected with, affiliated with, approved by, endorsed by, or otherwise sponsored by The Girl Scouts of the USA or Frontier Girls.