Designing Robot Activity Booklet | 2nd – 3rd Grade
This activity booklet was designed to fulfill the requirements for the Brownie Designing Robots or can be used by frontier girl leaders to earn similar badges. Great for teachers and home schooled kids as well.
This booklet has interactive activities and design challenges that teach girls how to design robots. These activities include brainstorming how to use different robot parts, learning about bio-mimicry, and sketching their own robot design.
- Learning how robots which resemble nature: Match the purposes of robots that use bio-mimicry with the robots themselves.
- Using the different parts of a robot: Learn how the different parts of a robot work and brainstorm how to use them.
- Turning a simple device into a robot: Use imagination to transform everyday devices into autonomous robots.
- Sketching out your robot: Complete a rough draft of their robot, including labeling at least 3 key parts, including sensors.
- Revising Your Robot: Practice getting feedback from their peers and incorporate that feedback into version 2.0 of their robot.
Do you need more ideas on this topic? Gain even more free ideas to learn more about designing robots, click here.
ACCESS BOOKLET INSTANTLY AND PRINT AT HOME
Leader Connecting Leaders is not connected with, affiliated with, approved by, endorsed by, or otherwise sponsored by The Girl Scouts of the USA or Frontier Girls.