Home Scientist Activity Booklet
This activity booklet was designed to fulfill the requirements for the Brownie Home Scientist badge or can be used by frontier girl leaders to earn similar badges. Great for teachers and home schooled kids as well.
This booklet will have activities that are hands on to keep the girls engaged while learning how to be a scientist at home. Did you know you are a scientist every time you do a experiment? When you do an experiment and pay attention to what happens you will learn more about how things work. This booklet also includes a shopping list of everything you need to run all the experiments. so prepping for the meeting can be very easy.
- Science In The Kitchen: girls will complete 2 activities experimenting with supplies in the kitchen making their very own ice cream and science behind why gummy worms look like they are dancing in certain liquid material.
- Making Static Electricity: Using a balloon the girls will try a number of different experiments learning more about negative and positive charges on objects.
- What is Density?: activities to help girls understand what density is by determining what candy bars will sink or swim and using water and oil and a little food coloring to watch density in action.
- Bubbles, Bubbles Everywhere: girls will do a few activities learning how carbon dioxide can react with certain materials and cause things to bubble up.
- Having Fun With Science: this activity will be messy but in the end a lot of fun. Using a few simple ingredients the girls will have some very interesting slim that also is pretty fluffy and pretty.
Do you need more ideas on this topic? Gain even more free ideas to run experiments at home, click here.
ACCESS BOOKLET INSTANTLY AND PRINT AT HOME
Leader Connecting Leaders is not connected with, affiliated with, approved by, endorsed by, or otherwise sponsored by The Girl Scouts of the USA or Frontier Girls.