First Aid Activity Booklet | 2nd – 3rd Grade
This activity booklet was designed to fulfill the requirements for the Brownie First Aid badge or can be used by frontier girl leaders to earn similar badges. Great for teachers and home schooled kids as well.
When there is an emergency you need to be prepared. This activity booklet will teach girls what to do in an emergency from calling 911, using first aid to treat minor injuries and what to do when outside to prevent injuries all together. With step-by-step activities, you can’t ask for a easier way to run your meeting.
- Learn more about emergencies and when to dial 911 – girls will brainstorm and do worksheet to know when is the right time to call 911, sing songs to remember 911 and be prepared with the right emergency numbers in your family
- Walking and Talking like the professionals – girls will do a activity to explore what a person who helps in a emergency looks like, play a game to move quickly like our first responders do and lastly get a real world experience by speaking to or taking a field trip to learn more about what it takes to be a first responder in an emergency.
- Put together your very own first aid kit – girls will brainstorm and create a list of items to put in their first aid kit and put one together and have fun making a Band Aid SWAP.
- Fixing and preventing the problem – girls will play game to understand how to prevent injuries and role play using first aid to treat minor cuts and injuries.
- Preventing and treating outdoor injuries – girls will make their very own adventure binoculars and then go on a adventure hike searching for different leaves, plants and insects to help them stay aware of dangers while outdoors.
Do you need more ideas on this topic? Gain even more free ideas to teach your girls more great First Aid tips, click here.
ACCESS BOOKLET INSTANTLY AND PRINT AT HOME
Leader Connecting Leaders is not connected with, affiliated with, approved by, endorsed by, or otherwise sponsored by The Girl Scouts of the USA or Frontier Girls.