Art With Melting CrayonsDifficulty: Medium
3rd – 12thgrade girls
Learn how to make art using melting crayons. This is a great craft that can be done as group then display on your wall. You can learn through directions and pictures and a short video showing how to do it. Let’s get started!
For this craft you will need
hot glue gun
How to make craft
- First you need to print some shape. I’ve chosen to print elephant since this is kids craft. Buy canvas and depending of the size of the canvas print the elephant. Cut the shape of the elephant using scissors and glue the elephant on the canvas. I’ve printed it on sticky paper so that is how I’ve glued it on the canvas but you can use some regular glue for this step.
- Take the crayons and start gluing them using glue gun like they are coming out of the trunk. Glue all the crayons that are coming in one package and all the colors.
- Take hairdryer and start melting the crayons. Make sure the color to go toward the edges of the canvas. When you are happy with the look of the color you can stop and leave the crayons on it or do what I did and remove. If you want to remove go to step 4.
- I wanted to take off the crayons, you can do that as well and if you have some white space below them you can melt a little of any crayon just to fill the white space. Just be creative there are a lot of ideas that you can use.
- Completed Melted Crayon Canvas