I get asked a lot what other resources are out there for Girl leaders other than my site. I have done a lot of digging on the web and have found some really good places to go to get not only ideas, but also planned programs just like I offer here at Leader Connecting Leaders. There are blogs that leaders have started sharing what they have done, and of course there is also Pinterest which houses endless ideas from all over the web. I try to share as much as I can on my Pinterest boards from all over the web so be sure to stop over and follow all my boards: Leader Connecting Leaders Pinterest
Where are the requirements for badges?
At the time of this writing this site is still active, if this link does not work send me a email and let me know and I can update this post. I found a website where someone went through and transcribed all the badges into word documents. Check It Out
I am Looking for Fun Patches What are Best sites for that?
I have a few go to sites that I like to use. As many of you know Girl Scout Fun patches are nice but at a price point as high as many of them are we all find that its hard to justify spending over a dollar each on fun patches. Because of that we are always looking for other places to find patches. I will list Girl Scouts official store, but be sure to check out these other 4 great sites for patches.
- The official Girl Scout Website
- Snappy Logos
- Joy Crest
- Patch Fun
- BCG Patches
- Fun Patches By Mel
- The Patch Corner
Blogs With Scouting Resources
While out on the web I have come across a number of great websites that are either specific to Scouts or have a number of post, categories dedicated to talking about ideas for leaders.
- GS Leader Blog
- GS Leader 101 Blog
- Scout Leader 411 Blog (I have wrote a pile of post on this blog as well when I can I link over to these ideas in blog post I write that are focused on same topic)
- Not So Fearless Leader
- Follow the Leader
- Scouting Web
- Girl Scout Ideas – Mommysnippets.com
- Use Resources Wisely
- Real Coake Blog
- The Spruce Blog
- Green Neck Pride
Planned Programs and Activities
Well of course I will plug my resources here on Leader Connecting Leaders shop, but beyond my site there are a few other sites I would highly recommend, if you can’t find what you need here or need more resources for your troop check out these other two shops, I have used them both and have great resources for new and seasoned leaders.
- Leader Connecting Leaders Resources: YOUR HERE, just hit the shop button at top of page, you will find badge activity booklets for every level and they have everything you need to earn the badges, Thinking Day activities, Planned parties, and each month more are added so be sure to subscribe to mailing list to be first to be notified.
- MakingFriends Shop – This site has free and paid ideas as well, including badge in a bag programs for almost all the Journeys for each level. If your struggling to get the Journey books done with your troop, I would highly recommend looking at the kits on this site.
- Growing Girls Scouting Helpers – This shop has over 50 downloadable printables, most of them are focused on Daisy to Junior, but she does also have programs for Thinking Day, and learning more about our founder Juliette Low.
Listen For Ideas – Podcasts Resource
Are you someone who loves to listen to Podcast for Ideas? If so be sure to check out Silver & Gold Podcast She shares ideas you can use as well as more resources on website, and guest who share things they have done.
Want even more? Here are 12+ amazing resources to help you plan and organize your troop + FREE Kaper Chart Download
One thing we all know as leaders we need all the help we can get to make the program fun, educational, and to help build the girl leaders of tomorrow. This post is packed full with ideas for:
- Kaper Chart ideas plus a free download
- How to organize your troop
- Collaboration Ideas
- Badge Planning Resources
- World Thinking Day
- Cookie Season Support
- Extra Fun For Meetings
- How to make your troop unique
- Ceremony Ideas