Winter Snowman Out of Paper PlatesDifficulty: Easy
K – 2ndgrade girls
Learn how to make a cute snowman out of a paper plate. This craft will make a cute decoration in the winter months. You can learn through directions and pictures and a short video at end of post showing how to do it. Let’s get started!
For this craft you will need
White paper plate
Hot glue gun
Black and orange cardboard
Green foam paper
How to make craft
- First, take the black cardboard and put it over the white paper plate. You will need this step just to measure how big you want to be the hat of the snowman. When you know the size you can draw the wanted shape and cut it using scissors.
- To decorate the hat I’ve used tree green branches and a red ball for the middle. The branches were from glittered foam sticky paper. So, I’ve drawn them on the back side of the foam paper. Cut those branches and attach them on the one side of the hat. Glue the red ball in the middle with hot glue gun or using a regular glue.
- For the nose I’ve used orange cardboard. Measure how big you want the nose to be, and draw it first. Cut the carrot using scissors. You can draw the eyes but I’ve chosen to use googly eyes. Glue the carrot in the middle of the head.
- Now, it’s time to assemble the snowman. Attach the hat on the paper plate using regular glue or hot glue it’s totally up to you. To finish the look of the snowman just draw a few dots creating the mouse of the snowman. For the last step I’ve used black marker.
- Now you have a completed Snowman to display in your house.
- Do you need more great ideas for crafts for kids? Check out all these amazing ideas on my DIY Crafts for Kids Pinterest Board.