DIY Craft: How to Make a Hand Print BirdDifficulty: Easy
K – 2ndgrade girls
Learn how to make a hand print bird. You can learn through directions and pictures and a short video at end of post showing how to do it. Let’s get started!
For this craft you will need
Cardboard white, blue, black and yellow
How to make craft
- First put your hand over the blue cardboard and draw your handprint using pencil. Cut it using scissors.
- You will need a circle shape to create the head. Make sure that the size of the head will be appropriate with the body, since the handprint will be the body.
- You will also need a neck from the blue cardboard. The neck needs to be thin as you can see on the photos.
- When you have all those shapes ready it’s time to assemble the bird. I’ve used regular paper glue for this project but you can use anything that works best for you. Glue the neck on the back side of the head. Attach the other side of the neck on the back side of the handprint and make sure to give a little angle. The neck needs to be attached on the opposite side of the fingers, the fingers need to be on the back as you can see.
- For the final touches you will need small white piece to glue it below the head on the top of the neck. One big googly eye that you are going to attach it in the middle of the head. To create the beak I’ve used yellow cardboard. Cut a beak shape and attach it to the head on the front side.
- Cut two little stripes from the black cardboard. They need to be same sized. Attach the on the bottom back side of the hand as legs. To finish the look just draw a wing with the black marker.
- Finished Bird!