This post may contain affiliate links and this site is not connected with, affiliated with, approved by, endorsed by The Girl Scouts of the USA or the Frontier Girls. Ideas are my own and I share to help you run your troops with ease.
Earth Day Inspired PictureDifficulty: Medium
1st – 12thgrade girls
Learn how to make an Earth Day inspired picture. This is a great craft that can be done as group. You can learn through directions and pictures and a short video showing how to do it. Let’s get started!
Did you know? Earth Day is an annual event celebrated around the world on April 22 to demonstrate support for environmental protection. First celebrated in 1970, it now includes events coordinated globally by the Earth Day Network in more than 193 countries.
For this craft you will need
Light and dark blue, green and yellow cardboard
Little green pom pom
How to make craft
- Take the dark blue cardboard and fold it on half. This is going to be the base of the card.
- Now, to create the earth use some round item and draw it over the light blue cardboard. Cut the shape using scissors.
- Cut two circles from white sticky tape for the eyes and glue them in the circle. To
finish the look of the eyes fill them with the black marker in the middle. Draw a mouth below the eyes.
- Attach the circle on the card.
- To create the hat I’ve used the yellow sheet. Fold it on half creating rectangle. Then fold the edges on the top toward the inside meeting together in the middle and fold the left paper up so you will get a hat shape.
- Attach it on the head of the earth. Glue the pom pom on the top of the hat.
- To finish the look of the card just glue some stickers of the animals around. Also fill the empty space around the card with stars in different colors.
- Finished Earth Day Card
Need more Earth Day inspiration? Here is a Pinterest board full of Earth Day ideas to help your girls demonstrate support for environmental protection.
Crafts Beyond Earth Craft
- How to make a outdoor pasta scene
- How to make a rainbow wind chime
- How to make a milk carton birdhouse
- How to make string art with nails
- How to make melted crayon art