Showcasing Robots Activity Booklet | 9th – 10th Grade
This activity booklet was designed to fulfill the requirements for the Senior Showcasing Robots badge or can be used by frontier girl leaders to earn similar badges. Great for teachers and home schooled kids as well.
This booklet has engaging activities that will get the girls thinking critically and creatively. These activities include writing robot poetry, designing a magazine, and writing a pitch!
- Designing a Magazine Cover: Showcase their original robot inventions on the cover of a magazine, drawing from real life inspiration.
- Writing an Ode to Tech: Analyze and remix a poem and then write their own tech-themed poetry.
- Analyzing Robot Representation in Science Fiction: Analyze famous robotics stories, reflect on their influence, and re-write a story to fit modern day society.
- Defining Robot Rules: Practice presenting as members of Congress who are tasked with designing laws for robotics engineers to follow.
- Writing a Career Pitch: Practice pitching a big idea of a career in tech that they believe students should prepare for.
IMPORTANT: You will need the internet and computer for some of the activities in this booklet.
Do you need more ideas on this topic? Gain even more free ideas to teach your girls more about being a super robotics engineer, click here.
ACCESS BOOKLET INSTANTLY AND PRINT AT HOME
Leader Connecting Leaders is not connected with, affiliated with, approved by, endorsed by, or otherwise sponsored by The Girl Scouts of the USA or Frontier Girls.