Monkey Around Troop Kaper Chart
Are you new to being a leader or just want to try a new type of kaper chart. Today I want to show you how to make a 3D monkey in trees kaper chart.
What is a kaper chart? A troop Kaper Chart, is a chore or job to be done at the meetings. You use a chart to indicate what jobs are available and who will be in charge of that job at the meeting.
We all use them as Leaders, some just use paper forms others create elaborate poster boards. I am always looking for new creative ways to create a troop Kaper Charts. Every year I try to change it up a little for my girls. I thought it be cute to make each girl a monkey, with their name on it. What better place to put the Monkey is to hang it on a tree.
That idea evolved so not only is the troop Kaper Chart a tree used for tasks girls need to complete and do at meeting, but also I used the container to hold troop dues.
For this craft you will need
How to make craft
- Glue brown construction paper all the way around the round container you will be putting tree on.
- Cut out and glue tree leaves all the way around the container to create the illusion that it is a tree. The tree leaves are pre-wrote out but I also included a few that are blank and you can add what ever you want to your kaper chart.
- Glue the Promise and the Law onto the tree as well. That way the girls have a reference when learning promise and law.
- Finalize the Kaper Chart, by placing girls names on all the Clothespins and gluing a monkey head to top of clothes pin. We actually did this as part of our Brownie GS Ways badge, so I didn’t get as elaborate with the monkey clothespins.
- Do you need more kaper chart ideas? Check out all these amazing ideas on my Kaper Chart Ideas Pinterest Board.
As an added resource, I did find a great blog that shows you how to make your clothespin look even more like a monkey. If you are interested in taking it a step further, check out this post for instructions on how to turn your clothespin into a monkey with tail and all. Click Here
Activity Booklets to Start Your Year
12+ Amazing Resources to Help Organize Troop
One thing we all know as leaders we need all the help we can get to make the program fun, educational, and to help build the girl leaders of tomorrow. This post is packed full with ideas for:
- Kaper Chart ideas plus a free download
- How to organize your troop
- Collaboration Ideas
- Badge Planning Resources
- World Thinking Day
- Cookie Season Support
- Extra Fun For Meetings
- How to make your troop unique
- Ceremony Ideas
Enjoy every minute being a leader and continue to inspire your girls!