DIY Craft: How to Make a Easy GnomeDifficulty: Medium
2nd – 8thgrade girls
Learn how to make a cute no-sew gnome. You can learn through directions and pictures and a short video at end of post showing how to do it. Let’s get started!
For this craft you will need
Hot glue gun
Wooden small ball
Another orange synthetic with longer fibers
How to make craft
- Take the sock and place it in a cup. The bigger the cup opening the easier you can work with. Put the sock in the cup as you can see on the photos, that way you will help yourself to get the rest of the sock out of your way while you are filling it with rice. Pour the rice inside the sock as you want the body of the gnome to be.
- When you are happy with the look, tie the sock with the rubber band and cut the rest of the sock with scissors.
- Take the orange synthetic with longer fibers and turn it on the back side. First draw a triangle shape and then cut it with scalpel no going till the end so the longer ends won’t be short and cut and they stay longer and look like a beard.
- Glue the beard on the body using a hot glue gun.
- Take the orange felt and cut a cone shape out of it. This is going to be the hat of the gnome so make sure it is going to be proportional with the body, not too big, not too small.
- Glue the nose in place so you can cover it a little with hat in next step.
- Attach the two straight sides together when you attach the hat in place. Use hot glue to put hat over the body and nose of gnome. You can play with the colors and be creative, use different colors for each gnome you make.
Enjoy every minute being a leader and continue to inspire your girls!